While we are still in the fundraising stage of the project, exciting progress is being made on the building plan. Read below to learn more about the construction, the architect, and more.
How is the Building Plan to be implemented?
- The building project is scheduled to begin in 2017 and the total cost is estimated to be, in round numbers, $2 million.
- Our Architect, Mr. Eddie Fava, is considered to be the leading figure in Charleston architecture. All his drawings have been approved in concept by the various building agencies and inspectors as well as the Daniel Island’s Architectural Review Board.
What is cost of the project?
- $2 million based on comprehensive costing estimates by three major South Carolina construction companies from architectural drawings at the schematic stage. We have chosen Hill Construction to construct the project.
- Architect/engineer fees are included in the cost.
What is included in the price?
- A fully fitted, air conditioned court tennis court.
- State of the art lighting.
- Dedans with seating.
- Royal dedans with fireplace and viewing into court.
- The USCTA Hall of Fame will be located in the Royal Dedans.
- Pro shop.
- Men’s and Women’s Changing Rooms.
- A kitchenette.
I moved to Charleston in 2012 for the climate and the proximity to the ocean. But no matter what the season, there is always a lot to do either recreationally or culturally. When guests come to visit, they love the bars, the restaurants, and the southern charm; but if you add an opportunity for court tennis, people will see that we have a chance to really do something special here. Camden Riviere